Monday, December 06, 2010

Day 6:

Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

The last thing that I made was a cork board. As in, an actually cork board. Made from the corks from wine bottles. One of my good friends has one, and I loved it. So I scavenged a used cork board from the neighbors trash (don’t ask- but people throw away amazing things) and started collecting wine corks. Most recently, I discovered that Whole Foods had a drop off cork recycle box, and people dropped bags of corks into it. I stopped by once and someone had conveniently deposited whole grocery bags full of corks, so all I had to do was nab the bags and voila! A few hours with a glue gun, and I am 98% done. I need to make one more trip to Whole Foods and I’ll be good.

I also found a half-finished scarf that I knitted. I think I was making a scarf to give to a family friend for Christmas of last year. Woops. I’ve started working on it again so that I can give it for this year. It’s not much, but I really like making things for people, and knitting is something that calms me and makes me feel productive when I watch tv or go to movies. Yes, I sneak in knitting to movies. J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home