Sunday, January 04, 2009

My, has it really been over a year since I last wrote in here? Since I seem to only write about my failures with men, let me continue that trend briefly, although I shall skip over one or two that don't really warrant any discussion. Since I last wrote in here I have gone through Garbhán (meaning "rough"). I wish I could find a name that means "two faced" but "rough" works well enough, as he was very rough on me. The best part of that whole relationship was that I lost a shit ton of weight (which I have obviously gained back. Woo hoo). Then there was Leannán, meaning "sweetheart" who was amazing but moved off to the Windy City and subsequently stopped talking to me in order to prevent losing me entirely. And so now I am lost to him. I awoke the morning of December 31, 2008 and knew in my heart that it was done. And so it is, and ever shall be, amen and amen.

Possibly there will be more to the story, if he should ever get up the gumption to actually call or text me, but I expect nothing from him.

Other than that, I find myself desiring change. In all aspects of my life I desire some form of change. I'm not big into New Years Resolutions, but I find the beginning of 2009 to be an excellent time to start over.

1. Obviously, the traditional diet and exercise resolution. Although technically, it should be more of a resolution to EAT...eat healthier food, in smaller portions, but not deprive myself of the beauty and deliciousness of consuming all the vast yumminess that there is to experience. I'm going to rely on fitday.com as well as attempting to be more active and make food from scratch.

2. Spiritually I wish to make some changes as well. I will attempt to do this by reading more, thinking more, and participating more in my local church, Crossroads. There's a lot of cool things coming up, and I want to get involved. I am tired of being bitter and cynical because life has not turned out the way I wanted it to.

I am sure there are more. I can feel them swishing around in my head...but all I can really say is that I want things to change, and I can believe now that they will.

~Isa


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home