Saturday, December 04, 2010

Moment.

Yesterday's prompt from Reverb10.com is to write about a moment where I felt alive during this past year. I tried to put a lot of thought into this, but moments that came to mind were all moments I experienced when running.

Earlier this year I went for a solo run at the park near my house. This park has amazing fitness trails, and it's one of the biggest bonuses of moving back with my parents (besides the free rent). Anyways, I had stopped off in September to run a few miles, and I decided to try the outer loop. This loop takes you out into fields and farmland, and removes all of those things that tend to be distracting and detracting from nature. Namely, people, houses, and cars. The only people you generally see are those who are like you - people running or cycling or walking.

On this particular day the sky was a brilliant blue and was punctuated with lovely, fluffy white clouds. The fields still bloomed with the last of the summers wildflowers, and the breeze was soft and cool. I think I ran out a mile or two, smiling the whole way and almost rejoicing in the beauty around me. That sounds a little cheesy to say, but it's the closest I can come to describing how much a refuge it was for me, after being overwhelmed and overstimulated by work and people and life.

I think this is the moment I will choose, although I remember other moments, brief or long that made me feel that I was alive, and happy, and whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home